Timecode Systems SyncBac Pro
- provides Timecode to the Go Pro
- works on the Timecode Systems B:Link network timecode system
- fully controlled by the Pulse only
- internal battery for power
The SyncBac PRO is a wireless embedded timecode sync solution for GoPro. Simply clip it to the back of a GoPro to enable HERO4 Black and Silver cameras to generate their own frame-accurate timecode, producing a timecoded MP4 file at source. This creates the capability to wirelessly timecode sync multiple GoPros, and GoPros with pro cameras and pro audio devices over Timecode Systems’ long-range B:LINK RF network.
Timecode sync multiple GoPros: Attach a SyncBac PRO to every unit and timecode sync multiple GoPro HERO4 cameras via long range wireless B:LINK RF. Simply make one GoPro the master unit and timecode sync unlimited GoPro slaves.
Timecode sync GoPros with pro cameras and pro audio devices: When docked with a SyncBac PRO, GoPros integrate perfectly into a Timecode Systems production workflow. This means they can timecode sync with any professional camera and audio equipment using a :pulse, :wave or :minitrx+ unit for timecode, using Timecode Systems’ robust B:LINK RF network.
Multi camera control: By connecting the SyncBac PRO to the B:LINK Hub dashboard via a Timecode Systems :pulse, production teams can remotely control and monitor multiple GoPros from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC. This is a great way to maximize a GoPro’s battery life when it’s gear-mounted or not easily accessible.
A flawless fit for the GoPro HERO4: The SyncBac PRO neatly clips to the HERO4 Black and Silver cameras via the HERO Bus 30 pin port, with no requirement for external connectors. This keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible and ensures full compatibility with HERO4 standard BacPac backdoor housings. A swift and cost-effective edit: The single MP4 file can be uploaded into the chosen editing package (AVID Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere PRO are all compatible) in the same way as media captured by large-scale, professional broadcast cameras and audio devices.
The SyncBac PRO is a tailor-made accessory for the GoPro HERO4 Silver and Black:
- Seamlessly attaches via the HeroBus™ 30 pin port.
- Compact design keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible.
- Compatible with GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver standard BacPac backdoor housings.
- Internal battery that last 12 hours.
- No external connectors required.
Timecode sync is via B:LINK – a wireless long range sync, control and metadata exchange protocol developed by Timecode Systems:
- Operates over long range 865MHz to 923MHz RF.
- Set up a :wave or :pulse as your B:LINK master unit.
- Activate B:LINK slaves by selecting the same RF channel.
- Monitor and control everything from one location.
The B:LINK Hub is a new feature embedded within the Timecode Systems :pulse.
- Real-time access to a production dashboard displaying every Timecode Systems camera and sound unit on a rig. This includes GoPros with SyncBac PRO.
- Accessed from the Web browser of any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC over Wi-Fi, or through a wired Ethernet connection into the :pulse.
- Centrally timecode sync video and audio timecode and metadata in complex multi-camera set-ups. Including rigs with multiple GoPros.
- Remote record start/stop and control multiple GoPros centrally from a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Maximize battery life of gear-mounted GoPros by using remote camera control, status and monitoring functionality
At the end of a shoot, hand post-production an SD card with frame accurate embedded timecode:
- Creates an MP4 file embedded with frame accurate timecode at source.
- Upload into AVID Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere PRO. All are compatible.
- Use the MP4 file or transcode to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD – the timecode remains stable.