Audioroot eSmart BG-DU-REG Universal Power Distribution with Fuel Gauge & Regulated Outputs
Universal power distributor with fuel gauge and regulated outputs
The eSMART BG-DU-REG is a compact and lightweight powering box with 8 protected outputs, 3 locking switches, a full featured fuel gauge and power regulators.
This product was designed for use in large sound bags or small location carts. The power distributor can be connected to any battery type (SLA, NI-MH or LI-ION) and the fuel gauge provides all the informations required to monitor the battery’s state of charge (voltage, current, power, etc…).
The eSMART BG-DU-REG uses an internal coulomb counter and a calibration routine to measure the battery’s true capacity and display it’s remaining capacity in real time. This power distributor is also fully compatible with our full line of Li-XXwh smart batteries.
- Real time monitoring of the batterie’s SOC : remaining capacity (%), run time estimation, battery voltage, power consumption, power and coulomb counter
- 8 switchable outputs using 3 locking switches
- Polyswitch 2.5A resetable fuses on each output
- A blinking LED indicates when the battery capacity falls below 10 %
- Compatible with any battery ranging from 11 to 18V
- Hirose locking connectors
- Connecteurs de sorties Hirose 4
- Compact and lightweight : (300g , 85x120x30mm)
- 2 x fully isolated 12V/12W outputs on 2 Hirose connectors – these outputs can help resolving ground loops issues
- 1 x 9V/18W output on 2 Hirose connectors – these outputs can be used to power wireless receivers and transmitters
Please note if you are not using AUDIOROOT eSMART batteries then you must calibrate your existing battery by following these steps.
This process is not required when using AUDIOROOT eSMART Li-xxWh batteries.
The 2 push buttons of the front panel are inoperative when an eSMART battery is connected to the system.
1. Mark the battery you wish to calibrate with a number ranging from 1 to 8. The battery must be fully charged before starting the calibration process.
2. Plug the battery on the eSMART BG-DU power distributor with a compatible power cable (preferably leave pins 2 and 3 on the Hirose connector unused)
3. Plug all the equipment that will be used in normal operation (for example a portable mixer, a transmitter and 2 receivers).
4. Put all 3 power switches of the eSMART BG-DU in ON position and power on all your equipment.
5. By using the 2 push buttons select the battery index that was chosen in step #1.
6. Initiate the calibration process by pushing the 2 push buttons simultaneously. The fuel gauge will now be measuring and saving the value of the total current drawn. This process should be ended only when the battery is empty. In the case of a li-ion or LiFePO4 battery the calibration will stop automatically when the low voltage protection circuit of the battery trips. When calibrating a battery of another chemistry (SLA or Ni-Mh) the user needs to shutdown the fuel gauge manually when the battery's voltage level gets too low in order to terminate the calibration process correctly (for example the low voltage level of a 6 cell SLA battery is 10.5 Volts : this value can be used to terminate the calibration process of a standard SLA battery).
The fuel gauge is now aware of the battery's total capacity. The user only needs to recall the corresponding battery index number when connecting a fresh battery to monitor its state of charge efficiently and accordingly. PLEASE NOTE: A battery that has been previously calibrated must always be connected fully charged to the eSMART BG-DU or the state of charge indications will be inaccurate.
Important note :
A 4 conductor battery input cable is required for eSMART operation (i.e when connecting eSMART batteries to the BG-DU-REG). This cable is sold separately under reference eHRS4-OUT-4W. The 2 conductor Hirose battery output cable available under reference eHRS4-OUT will not enable battery data communications between the eSMART batteries and the BG-DU-REG. Please contact us or your dealer for more informations.
Note to Hawk-Woods products users :
The wiring of Hawk-Woods products is incompatible with the BG-DU or BG-DU-REG out of box. On these products the internal pins of the Hirose male plugs are tied together 2 by 2 : pins 1 and 2 / pins 3 and 4. When using the BG-DU or BG-DU-REG pins 2 and 3 of the male Hirose plug connected to the unit’s input must be left unconnected as these are used for communication with smart batteries. Hawk-Woods users can solve this issue by rewiring the male Hirose plug (leaving pins 2 and 3 un-connected) or by removing 2 solder jumpers inside the BG-DU or BG-DU-REG. Please contact us for more details.
Max battery capacity :
The BG-DU-REG can handle standard (non smbus) batteries from other manufacturers up to 40Ah. A special version capable of handling batteries up to 200Ah can be delivered upon request.