Audio Technica AT-4053B-EL Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone Capsule
This versatile studio performer may be used with confidence in a wide variety of professional miking applications. Featuring direct-coupled balanced outputs for clean signals in high-output conditions, the microphone is totally free of the distortion associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. And its fast response to transients contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
The AT4053b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule (both available separately). Additional interchangeable capsules are available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and cardioid (AT4051b-EL).
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Audio Technica AT4900B-48 Condenser Microphone Body
The AT4900b-48 from Audio-Technica is a professional-quality shotgun microphone body ideal for field or studio use. The mic is compatible with interchangeable head capsules, allowing you to choose between an omnidirectional, cardioid, or hypercardioid pickup pattern, depending on your needs.
The mic has a rugged turned-brass housing for exceptional durability. Internal transformerless circuitry greatly reduces distortion and provides excellent correlation of high-speed transients. The direct-coupled balanced output provides a clean signal, even under high-output conditions. Additional features of the mic include a switchable high-pass filter to reduce low frequency noise and a -10dB pad for picking up loud sound sources. The mic comes complete with a mic stand clip, foam windscreen, and carrying case.
Please note: Mic head capsules must be purchased separately.
The mic is specially engineered to meet professional standards
The turned brass housing provides long-lasting durability
The transformerless circuitry greatly reduces low-frequency distortion and provides excellent correlation of high-speed transients, while the direct-coupled balanced output provides a clean signal, even under high-output conditions
Interchangeable head capsules allow you to select the pickup pattern that best suits your needs 1
Filter and Pad
A switchable 80Hz high-pass filter and -10dB pad allow you to reduce low-frequency noises and extend the mic's headroom in order to capture loud sound sources
The mic runs on 48V phantom power, which it receives via the standard XLR connector
The mic is free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances
The mic comes complete with a mic clip, windscreen, and carrying case