Timecode Systems SyncBac Pro
- Provides Timecode to the Go Pro
- Works on the Timecode Systems B:Link network timecode system
- Fully controlled by the Pulse only
- Internal battery for power
The SyncBac PRO is a wireless embedded timecode sync solution for GoPro. Simply clip it to the back of a GoPro to enable HERO4 Black and Silver cameras to generate their own frame-accurate timecode, producing a timecoded MP4 file at source. This creates the capability to wirelessly timecode sync multiple GoPros, and GoPros with pro cameras and pro audio devices over Timecode Systems’ long-range B:LINK RF network.
Timecode sync multiple GoPros: Attach a SyncBac PRO to every unit and timecode sync multiple GoPro HERO4 cameras via long range wireless B:LINK RF. Simply make one GoPro the master unit and timecode sync unlimited GoPro slaves.
Timecode sync GoPros with pro cameras and pro audio devices: When docked with a SyncBac PRO, GoPros integrate perfectly into a Timecode Systems production workflow. This means they can timecode sync with any professional camera and audio equipment using a :pulse, :wave or :minitrx+ unit for timecode, using Timecode Systems’ robust B:LINK RF network.
Multi camera control: By connecting the SyncBac PRO to the B:LINK Hub dashboard via a Timecode Systems :pulse, production teams can remotely control and monitor multiple GoPros from any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC. This is a great way to maximize a GoPro’s battery life when it’s gear-mounted or not easily accessible.
A flawless fit for the GoPro HERO4: The SyncBac PRO neatly clips to the HERO4 Black and Silver cameras via the HERO Bus 30 pin port, with no requirement for external connectors. This keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible and ensures full compatibility with HERO4 standard BacPac backdoor housings. A swift and cost-effective edit: The single MP4 file can be uploaded into the chosen editing package (AVID Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premiere PRO are all compatible) in the same way as media captured by large-scale, professional broadcast cameras and audio devices.
The SyncBac PRO is a tailor-made accessory for the GoPro HERO4 Silver and Black:
- Seamlessly attaches via the HeroBus™ 30 pin port.
- Compact design keeps the GoPro as small and light as possible.
- Compatible with GoPro HERO4 Black and Silver standard BacPac backdoor housings.
- Internal battery that last 12 hours.
- No external connectors required.
Timecode sync is via B:LINK – a wireless long range sync, control and metadata exchange protocol developed by Timecode Systems:
- Operates over long range 865MHz to 923MHz RF.
- Set up a :wave or :pulse as your B:LINK master unit.
- Activate B:LINK slaves by selecting the same RF channel.
- Monitor and control everything from one location.
The B:LINK Hub is a new feature embedded within the Timecode Systems :pulse.
- Real-time access to a production dashboard displaying every Timecode Systems camera and sound unit on a rig. This includes GoPros with SyncBac PRO.
- Accessed from the Web browser of any smartphone (iOS or Android), tablet, Mac® or PC over Wi-Fi, or through a wired Ethernet connection into the :pulse.
- Centrally timecode sync video and audio timecode and metadata in complex multi-camera set-ups. Including rigs with multiple GoPros.
- Remote record start/stop and control multiple GoPros centrally from a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Maximize battery life of gear-mounted GoPros by using remote camera control, status and monitoring functionality
At the end of a shoot, hand post-production an SD card with frame accurate embedded timecode:
- Creates an MP4 file embedded with frame accurate timecode at source.
- Upload into AVID Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X or Adobe Premiere PRO. All are compatible.
- Use the MP4 file or transcode to Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHD – the timecode remains stable.
GoPro Hero4 Black
2x the performance
With a 2x more powerful processor, 2x faster video frame rates and even better image quality than its best-selling predecessor, HERO4 Black delivers footage that’s sharper, richer and more detailed. Combined with powerful new features and technologies—and improvements to audio, usability, wireless connectivity and more—HERO4 Black is the most advanced, highest-performing GoPro ever.
4K30. 4x the resolution of 1080p
4K30, 2.7K50, 1080p120—HERO4 Black is the first camera of its kind to feature ultra high-resolution, high frame rate video as powerful as this. Once the exclusive domain of large, costly cameras, HERO4 Black delivers truly professional video quality in a tiny package. Stunning clarity. Liquid-smooth slow-motion playback. Cinema-quality capture. HERO4 Black brings it all.
Fast, powerful photo capture
With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, HERO4 Black helps you capture the moments you don’t want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach.
New settings for after dark
Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you’re shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
Control, view and share with built-in Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
HERO4 Black features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote2 and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 180m (600ft).
HiLight Tag your best moments
HiLight Tag, a new HERO4 feature, enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote, or use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
World’s most immersive video
HERO4 Black features SuperView™, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle perspective. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot—resulting in captivating, ultra engaging footage of every adventure.
Auto Low Light mode
Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
Be ready to capture the moment at a moment’s notice with new QuikCapture mode. It turns your GoPro into a one-button camera, allowing you to power on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button. Press once to record video, press and hold for two seconds to capture Time Lapse photos. Never worry again about missing an epic shot.
Professional audio performance
Featuring a powerful new audio system, HERO4 Black captures clean, high fidelity sound. Its cutting-edge microphone delivers nearly 2x the dynamic range, while a best-in-class audio algorithm ensures your recordings sound smoother and more natural than ever. Plus, with its new, integrated ADC (analog-to-digital converter), HERO4 Black is compatible with a wider variety of professional low-sensitivity external mics for immersive stereo audio capture and enhanced performance, whether recording voices, an acoustic jam session or a live show.
Protune, now for photo + video
Protune unlocks the camera’s full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, and advanced manual controls for photos and video. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
Improved camera control
HERO4 Black features a new dedicated button that allows you to quickly access and adjust camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings more intuitive than ever.
GoPro App + software
Expand your GoPro experience with the free GoPro App and GoPro Studio software. The GoPro App allows you to control your camera remotely using your phone or tablet, view and share your content and watch “best of” videos on the GoPro Channel. Use GoPro Studio to create your own engaging GoPro-style videos to share with the world.
- 2x more powerful processor with 2x faster video frame rates
- Professional 4K30, 2.7K50 and 1080p120 video
- 12MP photos at up to 30 frames per second
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Ultra wide-angle glass Lens
- Selectable FOV - Ultra Wide, Medium and Narrow
- Durable + Waterproof to 40m
- Protune™ delivers cinema-quality capture and advanced manual control for photos and video
- Night Photo and Night Lapse offer customizable exposure settings for night time shooting
- HiLight Tag lets you tag video highlights while recording for easy playback, editing and sharing
- QuikCapture enables you to power on and record automatically with the press of a button
- SuperView™ captures the world’s most immersive field of view
- Auto Low Light intelligently adjusts frame rates for optimal low-light performance
- Improved camera control
- High-performance audio with increased dynamic range
- Compatible with the GoPro App and Smart Remote (sold separately)