Mono Analog: 3-Pin XLR
Stereo Analog: 5-Pin XLR
AES (not powered): 3-Pin XLR
AES42 (powered) 3-Pin XLR
Zaxcom TRX 743 Plug-On Transmitter
Clutter free with ZHD
Ultra small spectral footprint of 50kHz that can be spaced as close together as 100KHz
Change it up
The TRX743 has interchangeable input cones giving you the ultimate in flexibility. You can connect any microphone to the 743.
Bells & Whistles
Wide-band transmitter with built-in recording that's RF remote controllable - what more could you ask for?
- Digital Modulation: 100% Digital modulation for superior audio quality
- Encrypted Audio: Keeps transmitted audio private
- Intermodulation Resistant: Removes unwanted spurious emissions for a cleaner signal
- Internal Backup Recording: Capture quality back-up audio even in the most hostile RF environment
- Internal Recording: Records timecoded audio files
- MARF: Highly reliable lossless recording format
- Neverclip: Gives you an incredible dynamic range without clipping your audio
- Timecode: Built-in timecode reader and generator
- Zaxnet: Provides wireless timecode, ZaxNet audio and remote control between Zaxcom products
- ZaxNet QC Audio: Quality control confidence monitoring without returning to your cart
- ZHD Modulation: A 50 KHz wide signal spaced as close as 100 KHz apart with outstanding transmission distance
The TRX743 is a wide-band plug-on style digital wireless microphone with interchangeable cones to support all professional microphone varieties – mono analog, stereo analog, AES and AES42 – making it an ideal choice for wireless transmission directly from boom poles or handheld microphones. The TRX743 features the new Zaxcom High Density (ZHD) Modulation. ZHD Modulation allows up to 10 channels of wireless to be operated in only 1 MHz of spectrum space. Channel spacing will vary based on the receiver you pair it with.
The wireless signal is only 50 KHz wide and can be spaced as close as 100 KHz channel to channel allowing up to sixty channels of ZHD wireless in a single 6 MHz American television channel. The new modulation is ultra efficient resulting in incredible transmission range.
The ZHD transmitters are capable of running all existing mono Zaxcom modulations maintaining compatibility with all currently produced Zaxcom receivers. ZHD modulation conforms to all currently proposed FCC regulations for spectrally efficient wireless transmission.
A bit about spacing…
- The TRX743 paired with any Zaxcom wireless receivers in Mono or XR Modes can be spaced as close as 400 KHz channel to channel
- The TRX743 paired with any Zaxcom QRX235, QRX200 or QRX212 in ZHD mode can be spaced as close as 200 KHz channel to channel (300 KHz recommended)
- The TRX743 paired with the upcoming QRX335, QRX300 or QRX312 in ZHD mode can be spaced as close as 100 KHz channel to channel
The TRX743.5 covers blocks 20 through 23 (512-614MHz) and the TRX743.6 covers blocks 23 through 26 (596 – 698 MHz). Its body is constructed from a combination of high strength nylon polymer and aluminum. The 743 utilizes Zaxcom’s battery saving feature PowerRoll™. PowerRoll™ automatically adjusts the transmitter output power based on the record status as sent via ZaxNet boosting the output power level up to 100 mW while rolling and powering down to 25 mW while on standby.
The 743 works with ZaxNet, Zaxcom’s 2.4-GHz RF network that distributes remote control commands, timecode and IFB audio. With ZaxNet, one can remotely control transmitter settings such as gain, frequency channel selection, transport controls and output power levels. When paired with an IFB100/200 and Deva or Fusion the units can also replay audio via a timecode reference giving production sound mixers the ability to replay and remix audio, creating a virtual multi-track playback and re-record system.
The TRX743 also sends a Quality Control audio signal over ZaxNet so when micing someone you don’t have to go to the cart to hear how it sounds. Now you can use an ERX to listen to the mic right on the spot.
The TRX743’s cones are easily swapped in the field for ultimate flexibility. It comes standard with the cone of your choice, extra cones can be purchased as accessories.
- Mono Analog – 3-Pin XLR
- Stereo Analog – 5-Pin XLR
- AES (not powered) – 3-Pin XLR
- AES42 (powered) – 3-Pin XLR