Pinknoise Bundle: Schoeps CMIT2U w/ BubbleBee Spacer Kit (L)
This bundle provides no only a great microphone but also a great wind solution. So you're prepared for indoor and outdoor recording.
- Schoeps Super CMIT 2U Digital Shotgun Microphone
- BubbleBee Industries The Spacer Kit (L)
Schoeps Super CMIT 2 U Digital Shotgun Microphone
The Schoeps SuperCMIT 2 U defines a new category of shotgun microphone, with directivity that goes beyond anything previously known. It offers the recording engineer entirely new possibilities.
- New type of digital shotgun microphone with increased directivity, based on SCHOEPS' extremely successful analog model CMIT 5
- Diffuse sound is suppressed to an extraordinary degree
- Completely new operating principle with two transducers
- Uses digital signal processing algorithms from ILLUSONIC (patent pending)
- Two-channel output, with SuperCMIT signal in channel 1 and (direct, single-transducer) CMIT signal in channel 2
Where would I use the SuperCMIT 2 U?
The SuperCMIT 2 U can be a problem-solver wherever diffuse sources of noise (such as street noise, wind noise, room sound, or audience and passers-by) might interfere with a recording. Unwanted noise is greatly reduced in level – even at low frequencies – without altering the tone color of front-arriving direct sound. Even a shotgun with a long tube can’t do that. This makes the SuperCMIT 2 U ideal for complex film sound applications and for sports events. The SuperCMIT 2 U also increases the “reach” of indoor recordings.
How does the SuperCMIT 2 U achieve this directivity?
Digital signal processing in the SuperCMIT 2 U recognizes sound energy arriving from various directions, and determines whether that sound has a discrete, persistent direction of arrival or not.
It uses this information to suppress diffuse sound and to focus on discrete sound. This allows the “reach” of the shotgun microphone to be increased significantly, without causing the usual sound-coloring artifacts. The SuperCMIT 2 U is the first microphone in the world to combine such high directivity with high sound quality.
A new approach to high directivity and sound quality
The SuperCMIT 2 U microphone uses exclusive technology from ILLUSONIC (patent pending). In addition to the capsule behind the interference tube, it contains a second, rear-facing microphone capsule. Digital signal processing (DSP) can analyze both signals and thereby distinguish discrete versus diffuse sound energy. The two signals are then combined in a time- and frequency-dependent manner such that the directional effect for discrete sound energy is increased while the level of diffuse sound is reduced.
At high frequencies (above 6 kHz) only the signal from the front-facing capsule is used, since the interference tube already offers optimal effectiveness in that range.
High-frequency boost, Steep low-cut and Preset Options
The SuperCMIT 2 U has three pushbuttons which control the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of Schoeps’ CMIT 5 U analog shotgun microphone:
- High-frequency boost (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates for losses due to windscreens.
- Steep low-cut (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noise.
The second output channel always carries the signal of the regular shotgun. The “Preset” button controls the directivity for the signal on the first output channel (SuperCMIT 2 U). Two settings are available:
- Preset 1: moderate directivity increase (green LED); ca. 11 dB reduction in diffuse sound (5 dB greater than a Schoeps CMIT 5 U or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT 2 U)
- Preset 2: strong directivity increase (red LED); ca. 15 dB diffuse sound reduction. This setting is reserved for special applications since sonic artifacts can occasionally be heard.
By pressing each of the three pushbuttons two times each quickly in succession, the gain can be increased by +30 dB and reset again to the standard value. Also by disconnecting the microphone from its power supply, the gain setting is reset to the initial value (0 dB).
BubbleBee Industries The Spacer Kit (L)
- x1 Spacer Bubble base
- x1 Short-haired fur cover
- x1 Bag to store and dry the fur in
- x1 Long-haired spacer cover to be used in harsh weather.
The Spacer Kit gives you the weather protection you need to record sound with any shotgun mic, indoor or outdoor, in all kinds of wind.
The shotgun microphone windshield is constructed of a noise-free mesh base, with a coarse foam inside and our specially designed rubber mount at the bottom.
The combination of the foam and the mesh provides the perfect conditions for recording indoors. And if you suddenly have to act fast and go outside, simply slip-on the short-haired fur and experience the optimal transparency within seconds. If outside conditions get rough, slip on the long-haired fur instead and get the best possible wind noise protection with optimal frequency transparency.
When the recordings are wrapped, you can always keep track of your Spacer Bubble by leaving on the base on your boom or camera mic, and collecting the fur slip-on in the included mesh storage bag. In that way you’ll always be ready!
- Be prepared for all kinds of wind in just seconds
- Switch locations fast and always get the best transparency while blocking the wind noise.
- Specially designed rubber base for super easy and secure mounting
- Base windshield made from highly efficient mesh
- slip-on fur made from Bubblebee Industries' best imitation fur (high amount of hair pieces per cm2) which allows for optimal frequency transparency
- Quick drying of the fur if it gets wet. You can just place it in the mesh bag
- Save valuable time while getting best quality
- Practical mesh bag includes for easy storage and fast mounting