Pinknoise EXCLUSIVE 3 Channel Mic Amplifier for Sound Devices 633
The custom Pinknoise 633 mic to line level expander is designed as an add-on for the Sound Devices 633 mixer recorder. Comprising of a three channel super quality microphone amplifier that mounts below a Sound Devices* 633 mixer/recorder. It extends the capacity for the SD 633 from three to six mic inputs by using the three line inputs available on 3-6 of the inputs on the SD 633.
This custom expander has three low-noise, Hi gain microphone inputs through standard XLR’s. Each input has selectable 48 V phantom power, pre-gain control (20 - 60 dB) and channel fader with 18 dB gain. In all, maximum gain is 78 dB.
- Three low-noise line to mic inputs, HI Fi quality
- Gain control up to 78 dB
- 48V Phantom Power, switchable on all channels
- Over range indicator for input clip
- Heavy duty study aluminium case
- Shaped to fit below an SD 633
- Internal Batteries on 6 x AA
- External DC 6-18 V on 4 pin Hirose with power thru
Each input has a LED indicating over range. Outputs are in a single TA-7 socket for connection to the additional three line inputs of the SD 633.
Power supply options include six internal AA batteries and external DC through a 4-pin HIROSE socket with pass-thru to the SD 633, saving outputs from power distribution. The unit is made in black-anodized aluminium with laser-engraved text for the highest durability.
Fitting the add-on to the bottom side of the SD633 is easy. There are four screws in the SD633 holding the bottom plates. These are replaced by four slightly longer screws (included) that will tie the add-on to the SD633. No internal wiring is needed. The fitting kit is included with instructions with each expander.
K-Tek Stingray Small
When piggy backed together both the Sound Devices 633 and 633 Expander will fit in the main compartment. The velcro divider has to moved further up towards the front to allow extra room. There is still space for two receivers in the second compartment of the main bag area.
The Orca OR-32 is designed for the Sound Devices 644. However, the extra space and two velcro dividers offers the engineer options:
- For a piggy backed SD 633 and 633 Expander - Remove the back velcro divider which allows both to fit within the back compartment space. The remaining velcro divider can be brought back to fit the SD 633 and Expander comfortably. There is plenty of space for receivers and accessories at the front end of the main compartment.
- Pack the Sound Devices 633 and Expander within their own compartments between the velcro dividers. This will allow the normal amount of space at the very front of the main compartment for receivers and accessories.
The Orca OR-30 isn't the best fit due to the little space remaining in the bag. However, both will fit in the main compartment either piggy backed or with the divider in between.
If you have any questions, please email or use the live chat function on the website.