Rode SC6-L Dual TRRS Input & Headphone Output for Apple Devices
The SC6-L is a simple input/output breakout box designed for Apple iOS devices. Inspired by the original SC6 with a 3.5mm TRRS jack, the SC6-L uses a Lightning Connector to connect directly to Apple iOS devices.
With two TRRS inputs and one stereo headphone output, the SC6-L can be used with two RODE smartLav+ microphones and one pair of headphones, allowing audio monitoring and playback, perfect for interview scenarios. The SC6-L can also be used with RODE’s range of VideoMics in conjunction with a TRRS adaptor, such as the SC4 and SC7.
The SC6-L has been optimised to work seamlessly with the easy-to-use RODE Reporter App. Users can enable/disable direct monitoring, alter the gain boost, and choose between summed stereo and dual-mono. These features are retained within the SC6-L allowing users to use the dual-mono mode with other apps, such as the Camera app, GarageBand, Voice Memos, etc.
The SC6-L is compatible with all Apple iOS devices with a Lightning connection and running iOS 11 or higher.
The Official Rode Compatible App
The RODE Reporter App is the intuitive recording companion you need to easily record and publish broadcast quality audio.
With native sharing, variable bit rate for either long record time or high definition broadcast, and digital flag for on-screen branding, the RODE Reporter App is ideal for recording audio on the go and is available on the Apple App store.
RODE Reporter App Features
- Simple & intuitive design
- High resolution 24-bit, 48kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz with RØDE i-XLR or RØDE i-XY microphone)
- Realtime waveform display while recording
- Record in uncompressed or compressed formats such as MP3 for long recordings with the option to enable variable bitrate recording (VBR)
- Designed for broadcast/reporting with customised flag display
- Switchable dark colour scheme for night or conference mode
- Native iOS sharing to upload or share recordings
- Compatible with built-in microphone, smartLav+, NT-USB, i-XY, i-XLR or any other TRRS connected microphone
Download the App now - Click here to be directed to the Apple App store.