Schoeps CMIT5U w/ BubbleBee Spacer Kit (M) Bundle
This bundle provides no only a great microphone but also a great wind solution. So you're prepared for indoor and outdoor recording.
- Schoeps CMIT 5U Shotgun Microphone
- BubbleBee Industries The Spacer Kit (M)
Schoeps CMIT 5U Shotgun Microphone
The CMIT 5 is SCHOEPS' shotgun microphone which has set a new standard for shotgun microphones since its release. The CMIT 5's directionality increases smoothly with higher frequencies, which results in a very balanced sonic character. In addition to this, the microphone's sound level decreases softly yet steadily for off-axis sounds, allowing these to be recorded neutrally as well as reducing the effects of movement during boom operation. The CMIT 5 also has a much stronger directionality than one might expect from a microphone of its length. If required, the CMIT 5 can also be used for music recordings, for example opera recordings.
- Unusually low coloration of off-axis sound
- Suitable for music recording as well as dialogue
- Rotationally symmetrical polar pattern
- Even greater immunity to wind noise than a SCHOEPS supercardoid
- Very lightweight, robust all-metal housing
The sound quality of the CMIT 5 remains consistent even if the microphone is rotated on its axis, since its directional pattern is the same in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
Three pushbutton-activated filters allow the microphone to adapt to the recording situation:
- High-frequency emphasis (+ 5 dB at 10 kHz) enhances speech intelligibility, and compensates for high-frequency loss caused by windscreens.
- A steep low-cut filter (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses wind and boom noise.
- A gentle low-frequency rolloff (6 dB/oct. below 300 Hz) compensates for proximity effect.
Pairs of LEDs next to each pushbutton indicate the status of the filters. Even in darkness the user can read the settings and see that the microphone is operational. The settings are retained when the microphone is switched off.
The capsule and amplifier of the CMIT 5 U are built as a single unit, unlike microphones of the SCHOEPS ”Colette” series.
BubbleBee Industries The Spacer Kit (M)
- x1 Spacer Bubble base
- x1 Short-haired fur cover
- x1 Bag to store and dry the fur in
- x1 Long-haired spacer cover to be used in harsh weather.
The Spacer Kit gives you the weather protection you need to record sound with any shotgun mic, indoor or outdoor, in all kinds of wind.
The shotgun microphone windshield is constructed of a noise-free mesh base, with a coarse foam inside and our specially designed rubber mount at the bottom.
The combination of the foam and the mesh provides the perfect conditions for recording indoors. And if you suddenly have to act fast and go outside, simply slip-on the short-haired fur and experience the optimal transparency within seconds. If outside conditions get rough, slip on the long-haired fur instead and get the best possible wind noise protection with optimal frequency transparency.
When the recordings are wrapped, you can always keep track of your Spacer Bubble by leaving on the base on your boom or camera mic, and collecting the fur slip-on in the included mesh storage bag. In that way you’ll always be ready!
- Be prepared for all kinds of wind in just seconds
- Switch locations fast and always get the best transparency while blocking the wind noise.
- Specially designed rubber base for super easy and secure mounting
- Base windshield made from highly efficient mesh
- slip-on fur made from Bubblebee Industries' best imitation fur (high amount of hair pieces per cm2) which allows for optimal frequency transparency
- Quick drying of the fur if it gets wet. You can just place it in the mesh bag
- Save valuable time while getting best quality
- Practical mesh bag includes for easy storage and fast mounting