Schoeps Super CMIT 2U with B-Stock Rycote WS4 Modular Kit
This Bundle Includes:
- Schoeps Super CMIT 2 U Digital Shotgun Microphone
- Rycote WS4 Modular Windshield Kit 4 - B-Stock
Utilizing the Schoeps Super CMIT 2 U Digital Shotgun Microphone for a super high quality sound. Pair that with the industry standard Rycote Windshield Kit 4 for an almost unbeatable bundle! The included Rycote Windshield Kit 4 comes with a 2 year warranty from Sennhesier.
Schoeps Super CMIT 2 U Digital Shotgun Microphone
The Schoeps SuperCMIT 2 U defines a new category of shotgun microphone, with directivity that goes beyond anything previously known. It offers the recording engineer entirely new possibilities.
- New type of digital shotgun microphone with increased directivity, based on SCHOEPS' extremely successful analog model CMIT 5
- Diffuse sound is suppressed to an extraordinary degree
- Completely new operating principle with two transducers
- Uses digital signal processing algorithms from ILLUSONIC (patent pending)
- Two-channel output, with SuperCMIT signal in channel 1 and (direct, single-transducer) CMIT signal in channel 2
Where would I use the SuperCMIT 2 U?
The SuperCMIT 2 U can be a problem-solver wherever diffuse sources of noise (such as street noise, wind noise, room sound, or audience and passers-by) might interfere with a recording. Unwanted noise is greatly reduced in level – even at low frequencies – without altering the tone color of front-arriving direct sound. Even a shotgun with a long tube can’t do that. This makes the SuperCMIT 2 U ideal for complex film sound applications and for sports events. The SuperCMIT 2 U also increases the “reach” of indoor recordings.
How does the SuperCMIT 2 U achieve this directivity?
Digital signal processing in the SuperCMIT 2 U recognizes sound energy arriving from various directions, and determines whether that sound has a discrete, persistent direction of arrival or not.
It uses this information to suppress diffuse sound and to focus on discrete sound. This allows the “reach” of the shotgun microphone to be increased significantly, without causing the usual sound-coloring artifacts. The SuperCMIT 2 U is the first microphone in the world to combine such high directivity with high sound quality.
A new approach to high directivity and sound quality
The SuperCMIT 2 U microphone uses exclusive technology from ILLUSONIC (patent pending). In addition to the capsule behind the interference tube, it contains a second, rear-facing microphone capsule. Digital signal processing (DSP) can analyze both signals and thereby distinguish discrete versus diffuse sound energy. The two signals are then combined in a time- and frequency-dependent manner such that the directional effect for discrete sound energy is increased while the level of diffuse sound is reduced.
At high frequencies (above 6 kHz) only the signal from the front-facing capsule is used, since the interference tube already offers optimal effectiveness in that range.
High-frequency boost, Steep low-cut and Preset Options
The SuperCMIT 2 U has three pushbuttons which control the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of Schoeps’ CMIT 5 U analog shotgun microphone:
- High-frequency boost (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates for losses due to windscreens.
- Steep low-cut (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noise.
The second output channel always carries the signal of the regular shotgun. The “Preset” button controls the directivity for the signal on the first output channel (SuperCMIT 2 U). Two settings are available:
- Preset 1: moderate directivity increase (green LED); ca. 11 dB reduction in diffuse sound (5 dB greater than a Schoeps CMIT 5 U or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT 2 U)
- Preset 2: strong directivity increase (red LED); ca. 15 dB diffuse sound reduction. This setting is reserved for special applications since sonic artifacts can occasionally be heard.
By pressing each of the three pushbuttons two times each quickly in succession, the gain can be increased by +30 dB and reset again to the standard value. Also by disconnecting the microphone from its power supply, the gain setting is reset to the initial value (0 dB).
Rycote Windshield Kit 4 - B-Stock
- B-Stock. 9/10 Condition. 3 Month Warranty.
- Good Condition. All accessories included.
- Connbox CB1 (XLR-3F)
- XLR Holder MK II
- Boom Poles Adapter
- Pair of Single Lyre 72 (19/25)(with modular adaptor & screws)
- Pistol Grip Handle with Lever
- Pair of Duo-Lyre 68 (19/34)(with adaptor & screws)
- Windjammer WJ 4
- Windshield WS 4
- Suspension Medium (XLR-3F) 68 Duo
The Modular Windshield 4 Kit is suitable for shotgun microphones from 211mm up to 280mm in length and 19-34mm diameter.
- Flexible, complete windshield and suspension package, which provides varying levels of windshielding for numerous microphone configurations
- The iconic Windshield Kit is the industry standard, and leads the way in windshielding and suspension technology
- Ideal for popular mics such as Sennheiser MKH 416 and Schoeps CMIT 5U. See compatibility tab for full list of mics
The Modular Windshield Kit is the professionals' choice when maximum isolation from wind and handling noise is required.
This complete modular system can be configured to allow almost any microphone to be shock-mounted and provided with varying degrees of windshielding. Components may be ordered separately, or as one of a series of kits, which simplify the selection process for many common configurations.
A Modular Windshield Kit is comprised of the following three main components: Modular Suspension, Modular Windshield and Windjammer.
Our suspensions provides complete isolation against handling noise and cable-borne noises, by supporting the microphone in a cradle arrangement using Lyre suspension webs.
The Windshield basket completely surrounds the microphone and its connector, sliding onto the Modular Suspension to provide up to 30dB of wind noise attenuation. This is the first layer of windshielding protection for your microphone.
The Windjammer introduced by Rycote in 1985, is high quality synthetic fur covers, designed to fit perfectly over the Modular Windshield. It gives an additional 20dB of wind noise attenuation. Fitted with a drawstring & toggle to allow snug and easy fitting. Modular Windshield Kits, including zipped Windjammer are also available on request.