Sennheiser EK 6042 Two Channel Camera Receiver
The EK 6042 is a dual-channel true diversity receiver that works with both analogue and digital transmitters simultaneously. Switching bandwidth of 184 MHz and built in convenient functions for a fully automated setup. It can be inserted into the receiver slot of professional video cameras or portable mixing consoles with UniSlot/SuperSlot™ interface (e.g. Panasonic, Ikegami, ARRI, Sound Devices) or Sony interface. Together with a high-performance Sennheiser bodypack, plug-on or handheld transmitter, a highly reliable radio link can be set up.
Available to order now!
The EK 6042 has the following features:
- Simultaneous reception from two transmitters
- Compatibility with almost all Sennheiser transmitters and microphone such as:
- Digital transmitters of the Digital 9000 series that are operated in LR mode
- Analog transmitters of the 5000, 3000 and 2000 series that are operated in FM mode and feature the HDX or HiDyn plus companders
- Choice of analog or digital audio output
- Great ease-of-use due to:
- Quick and easy One Touch Easy Setup
- Menu-assisted operation via display panel
- Configuration possibility via web browser
- Adapters for professional video cameras with UniSlot/SuperSlot™ interface(e.g. Panasonic, Ikegami, ARRI, Sound Devices) and Sony interface
- Power supply either via the video camera, an external power supply or the Sennheiser GA 6042 BA accupack adapter
- High operational reliability due to true diversity reception
- Wide range of accessories to suit every application
Saving you time and hassle, the smart EK 6042 is ready for the job in seconds: It configures automatically to every professional Sennheiser transmitter, whether analogue or digital or a mix thereof, identifying transmitter types, companders and frequencies via an IR link – across a bandwidth of a full 184 MHz.
Ease of Use:
The EK 6042 two-channel receiver is a pleasure to work with, whether on camera or in the sound bag. Slot-in technology for 15-pin and 25-pin unislot cameras, backpanel adaptor for other camera types – using hot-swappable battery packs with exact read-out of battery time, USB port for convenient programming via a built-in web server, including imports and exports of entire configurations – the EK 6042 has it all. Hi-res OLED display, digital and analogue outputs, auxiliary audio output for splitting the audio signal to other devices…
RF & Audio
Made in Germany by the experts in professional wireless, the true-diversity EK 6042 delivers solid RF, great sound and robust build quality – continuing to deliver, even after years of rough use.
Built in Webserver
With the built-in web server, setup is easily managed using any browser including imports and exports of the entire configuration.
The EK 6042 is SuperSlot™-compatible and works seamlessly with your existing equipment. Such as ARRI, Panasonic and Sony.
The optional accessories like backpanel adapter and battery pack makes it possible to use the EK 6042 stand alone as well. The automatic configuration makes it possible to set up any microphone in less than 5 seconds.
What's In the Box?
- 1 x EK6042
- 2 x Antenna
- 1x USB Cable
The camera receiver chooses its own operating mode depending on the transmitter, and also selects the appropriate bandwidth and frequency in the UHF range between 470 and 654 MHz. As a true diversity receiver with four separate receiver circuits, the EK 6042 is extra-reliable, even in difficult RF environments.
The EK 6042 can be combined with either a 15-pin adaptor to slot directly into Sony cameras, or a 25-pin adaptor for Unislot- and SuperSlot-compatible devices.
For camcorders without an audio receiver slot, a special back panel adaptor for the EK 6042 is available as an accessory. If the camera does not supply power to the receiver, a “piggyback” power adapter can be attached to this housing and fitted with two hot-swappable BA 61 battery packs.
Sennheiser Camera Receiver EK 6042 from Sennheiser Sound Academy on Vimeo.