Sound Devices 633 Mixer Recorder with Orca OR-30 Bundle
The 633 is a compact, six-input mixer with integrated 10-track recorder featuring PowerSafe technology. It offers six analog inputs and records to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The 633 is designed for audio professionals requiring go-anywhere portability, without compromising recording or mixing capability. The Orca-30 is a well made bag that fits the 633 comfortably when using DV and or NP1 batteries It provides plenty of room and has extra compartments for receivers, cables and accessories.
Input and Output Flexibility
The 633 offers three high-bandwidth mic/ line inputs on XLR connectors (3+3), complete with phantom power, high-pass filter, input limiter and variable pan. Three additional line-level inputs on TA3 (mini-XLR) connectors offer flexibility for more complex productions. All inputs are assignable to its six output buses, left/right plus Aux 1/2/3/4.
All six inputs plus output buses left/right and Aux 1/2 can be recorded to individual tracks. The 633 offers 10-track 24-bit, 48 kHz uncompressed WAV recording (96 kHz and 192 kHz sampling up to six tracks) to SD and CompactFlash memory cards. The two cards can be set independently, recording either identical material for a real-time backup, or combinations of WAV and time code stamped MP3 files.
Powered by a unique Quad Power supply with PowerSafe technology, the unit is operational from any of four power sources. Sources can include external DC (12-18 V), two removable 7.2 V L-type lithium ion cells, and six internal AA batteries. The 633 automatically switches from one power supply to the next when power is exhausted or removed. With its combination of power sources, the 633 can operate for a full production day on batteries alone.
When all power sources are removed or depleted, the unit’s PowerSafe circuitry is activated. PowerSafe keeps the 633 operating for up to 10 seconds and ensures that all file operations are fully closed and the unit gracefully shuts down.
Two second power on-to-recording. Never wait on sound!
Ease-of-Use & Full Size Controls
Clear, fast, easy to navigate controls and interface; visible in all light conditions, configurable metering and display.
Integrated Time Code
The 633 integrates a high-accuracy time code generator supporting all common rates and modes. In addition to time code, the 633 supports extensive file metadata. Metadata is entered from either the front panel or from an attached USB keyboard.
Built for the Field
Designed to withstand the extremes of field production, the 633's small, lightweight, compact chassis is made from molded, metalized carbon fiber. It is built on Sound Devices strong heritage of high performance audio mixers, audio recorders, and video recorders.
- AES input, two-channel AES3 or AES42, four channels of AES output.
- Clear, fast, easy to navigate controls and interface; visible in all light conditions, configurable metering and display.
- USB Keyboard connection for quick and easy metadata entry.
- Input delay selectable on all six inputs plus output bus delay on all six buses.
- User-configurable headphone presets plus a headphone favorite mode for quick source selection.
Click here to see sound devices 633 and 664 approved media.
Orca OR-30 Sound Bag for SD-633
Orca Audio Bag / Mixer bag are the first in the world to offer maximum protection for the sensitive gear inside, thanks to their durable external aluminum frame, internal honeycomb frame, and layers of foam and EVA. They are all meticulously designed by photographers and audio experts to carry, protect and enable operation of all audio mixers, in any location. The Orca Audio Bags come in 3 different sizes to hold most of the audio mixers in the market.
- The world’s first audio bag with an aluminum frame, and the first that provides access to the gear inside from 6 directions.
- “ORCA Lift”, the first solution in the world to help audio operators position the mixer from any size to any level.
- Special sliding system to secure any mixer inside the bag.
- Top Clear TPU for easy viewing.
- Unique battery pocket with extra rubber battery fittings.
- Detachable carrying handles & shoulder strap.
- Two giant pockets for storing any audio accessories.
- Four external detachable pouches and 9 rubber bands to hold any size of wireless system
- Front bungee cords to hold boom pole or cables.
- Can be connected to the Orca Harness, to ease the load off user.
- Inside lining made from bright blue brushed polyester for easy viewing of equipment.
|Model ||Internal: cm / Inch ||External: cm / Inch ||Weight: Kg / Lb |
|OR-30 || |
L: 26cm / 10.2"
W: 12cm / 4.72"
H: 17.5cm / 6.89"
L: 31cm / 12.2"
W: 26cm / 10.23"
H: 19.5cm / 7.68"
|1.78kg / 3.91lb |