Zoom F1-SP Miniature Field Recorder w/ Shotgun Microphone
The Zoom F1 Field Recorder + Shotgun Mic is the ultimate solution for run-and-gun filmmakers who need to capture professional quality audio for video.
Capture All The Action
The Zoom F1 Field Recorder + Shotgun allows you to capture professional audio everywhere your camera takes you.
High Impact Audio
The F1-SP comes with the SGH-6 Shotgun Mic known for capturing pro-quality, hyper directional sound, and it’s aluminum body makes it extremely lightweight. Combined with the F1, you can record high-resolution audio up to 24 bit/96 kHz, providing high-impact audio for any video production.
Ready, Aim, Record
Connect the F1 and Shotgun to the included shock mount and attach it to your camera. Then connect the F1’s audio output to your camera’s input using the included 3.5mm stereo cable and you’re ready to record.
While recording to your camera, the F1 can also record to a microSD card, providing a stereo audio file which can be edited in post-production.
Bright Light? No Problem.
Monitor your levels, battery life, lo-cut settings and more with the F1’s newly designed monochromatic display, ensuring visibility even in bright sunlight.
One-touch buttons make record levels, limiter settings, and volume output easily accessible.
The included SMF-1 shock mount was engineered to eliminate unwanted thumping sounds caused by vibrations when shooting on the move.
Record in Multiple Audio Formats
The F1 records audio in WAV or MP3 formats. WAV files are automatically time-stamped, making them Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) compliant.
One Recorder, Multiple Microphone Options
With Zoom's proprietary 10-pin connector, the F1 is compatible with all of Zoom’s interchangeable mic capsules, providing more options for recording.
|SSH-6 Stereo shotgun capsule with directional mic & side mic. ||XYH-6 Stereo X/Y Capsule with adjustable capsules. ||MSH-6 Stereo mid-side capsule with adjustable stereo width. ||XYH-5 Stereo X/Y capsule with shock-mounted mics. || |
EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS combo input capsule for up to 6 channels.
|SGH-6 Mono shotgun capsule with directional pickup. |
Essential Features for Videographers
- Calibrate and Sync: The F1’s tone generator provides a test tone to assist in setting proper audio levels. Sound markers make aligning audio and video easy.
- No Chance of Overload: An on-board limiter and auto-level control keep your levels safe when spikes in loud volume occurs.
- Convenient Power Sources: The F1 can be powered using two AAA batteries (included) or with the optional AD-17 power adapter.
- USB Connectivity: Transfer recordings to your computer in card reader mode or record directly to your computer or iPad using the F1 in USB audio interface mode.
Features at a Glance
- Two-channel audio recorder
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- One-touch button controls
- 1.25” monochrome LCD display
- Rec Hold function to avoid accidental operation of buttons
- Stereo ⅛" Mic/Line In mini phone jack with Plug-in power (2.5V)
- Stereo ⅛" Phone/Line Output jack with dedicated volume control
- Built in limiter and auto level control to avoid clipping
- Pre-Record function
- Tone generator for calibrating audio levels between the F1 and a DSLR or video camera without the need for an attenuator cable
- Sound marker function that outputs quick tone to make syncing audio and video easy
- Records directly to micro SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Micro USB port for data exchange to and from computer and use as an audio interface with computer or iOS device
- Runs on only 2 standard AAA alkaline, Lithium, or NiMH rechargeable batteries, or AC adapter (AD-17)
- Up to 10 hours of operation with alkaline batteries (when using lavalier)
- F1 Field Recorder
- SGH-6 Shotgun microphone
- WSS-6 Windscreen
- SMC-1 Stereo mini cable for DSLR
- SMF-1 Shock mount
- 2 AAA batteries
- Quick guide